2019-20 BB 1 & 2 Live Online Courses
- Magistra Catherine Drown, author of the BigBooks of LivelyLatin, personally leads your student through BigBooks 1 & 2
- A three-year online Latin course aimed at middle schoolers taking students from the beginning to intermediate level of the language. At the end of three years, student will have mastered Latin to the equivalent of one year of high school Latin. They will also have learned Roman history from its foundations in 753 BC to the end of the Empire in 476 AD.
- Curriculum consists of the BigBooks of LivelyLatin 1 & 2, which consists of Latin grammar, English vocabulary building exercises and Roman history stories and activities. Access to these for printing are included in tuition.
- Weekly online 75-minute classes are available on Thursdays; 32 classes per year for three years.
- Interactive, user-friendly web-based software facilitates an engaging, fun weekly online class. Students have the ability to see classmates and the teacher, annotate documents, write on whiteboards, participate in smaller breakout groups, and respond verbally and via text. Recorded classes provide backup in the event of a missed session.
- Online resources and teaching videos reinforce skills in the week between classes.
- Private online classroom offers a central spot for assignments, communication, link to recorded classes, and support.
- A 15-seat limit ensures participation by all class members.
- Class includes coaching by the Magistra to develop life-long self-directed study skills and habits as well as other life-enriching experiences.
- Texts: The BigBook of LivelyLatin, Volume 1 & The BigBook of LivelyLatin, Volume 2. Access to these are included in tuition. You will print these for student use as needed. If you prefer to have a hard copy already printed, these may be purchased at www.livelylatin.com/shop/.
—New, Beginning Latin 1: Thursday 8:30-9:45 am PT (9:30-10:45 am MT, 10:30-11:45 am CT, 11:30 am-12:45 pm ET) Class is 75 minutes. Click here to register.
—Returning Latin 2: Thursday 10:15-11:30 am PT (11:15 am-12:30 pm MT, 12:15-1:30 pm CT, 1:15-2:30 pm ET) Class is 75 minutes. Click here to register.
—Returning Latin 3: Thursday 12-1:15 pm PT (1-2:15 pm MT, 2-3:15 pm CT, 3-4:15 pm ET) Class is 75 minutes. Click here to register.